Sunday 14 July 2013

Kheng Nam Lee (Teochew Porridge)

Teochew porridge is known for it's variety of simple dishes that you can choose from. And when it comes to food, I love variety!

This is the "Havelock Road Teochew Porridge" and often recommended by the late night clubbers. Lots of Zoukers come here to have their supper after a long partying night. It has been around for the longest time and I have heard about it many years ago when I was still young partying. I remember coming here once many years ago after clubbing but I don't have any recollection of what have I tried previously. Many years later, I decided to visit again as I was having craving for Teochew Porridge.



They have a wide selection of dishes and I can't help but to keep ordering.






Spicy Bar Chor (Minced Meat)


This is the perfect dish to go with plain porridge.


Fried beansprout


I love soggy beansprout. The soggier, the better. It's soggy and salty. Good to go with plain porridge as well.

Steamed egg, Braised egg and Braised Tau Pok



Fish Cake


I believed this is made by them and it doesn't tasted anything like the usual fishcake that we find with the fish ball noodles. The texture is soft and its a bit like fish paste. Really good!






Address: 717 Havelock Road

Food: 4/5 Burps
Service: 3.5/5 Burps
Price: 3.5/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment