Saturday 6 July 2013

Bistro Du Vin (Scotts Road)

This restaurant situated at a quiet part of town may not be easily spotted if you never know about it. And if you did, you will find a couple of gem and Bistro Du Vin is definitely one of them.
















The complimentary bread is served warm and soft. But one thing that I don't quite like is the fact that they have placed the butter on the table even before we have sat down. I was thinking this could have been a mistake and only happens to our table. But when I looked around, the butter was placed on all tables. I thought it will be better that they only bring them out when they are going to serve the bread.




Pan fried foie gras with pickled eggplant and onion



I love foie gras especially the pan fried ones. This foie gras melt in your  mouth instantly. It comes with 2 pieces. I would say that it is the biggest portion that I have eaten and it is nicely done. It is good to share it and not have both shoved in your mouth quickly. Eating it too quickly may feel a little too oily and you may not be able to appreciate the taste.

Price: $26


Pan roasted Yorkshire pork chop




Served with caramelize shallot, garlic and mashed potato. The photos do not do justice to the tenderness of the meat. The meat is soft and juicy, not tough at all. It is easy to chew and as you can see there is still a tint of redness in the meat. It is properly done and not overcook. The mashed potato that comes with it is really tasty too. It is definitely mashed from the real potato and I believe it is not those instant kind which includes lots of starch.

Price: $28


Cod fish with squid



This is an off menu dish. It was written on the black board on the wall and we decided to give it a try since it is one of the special dish of the day. The cod fish is soft and the squid is just of the right texture. I am not a lover for cod fish because of the oily taste. But this is fine.

Price: $35


Souffle au Grand Manier with vanilla ice cream



I am not a lover for dessert but at times I do have sweet tooth and souffle is one of them that I will order whenever I need a sense of sweetness. It takes about 12 mins to have this prepare so please remember to get the staff to prepare it in advance. As you can see from the picture, the height of the souffle is nicely done. You have to eat it fast as it starts sinking very quickly. We didn't know that it contains alcohol. But if I were to minus the alcohol, this will be a perfect souffle.

Price: $12


Address: 1 Scotts Road Shaw Centre #02-12

Food: 4/5 Burps 
Service: 4/5 Burps
Price: 3.5/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment