Saturday 1 December 2012

Tiong Bahru Bakery (Raffles City)

We finally visited the Tiong Bahru Bakery at Raffles City after such a long time. I know that probably half of the population in Singapore has tasted that before and we are e probably the 16752963730th one blogging about it. Its better late than never!

Croissant


There have been so much hype about this plain looking croissant which I personally feel that it could be one of the better ones that I have tasted so far. But its definitely not the best that I have tasted. I like it because it is not oily but yet has the buttery taste. I would say it is worth giving it a try for $2.80.

Kouign Aman


This pastry is my favorite! Its not exactly crispy as it is a little sticky and its sweet. Love the taste of it and i can definitely have more than 2 of them for snacks. I would mind paying for the price of $3.50 for something that is so yums.

Pumpkin Soup


The pumpkin soup cost $8 a bowl and I feel that it is pretty worth it because it is quite a big bowl and we share it between the both of us. The soup is thick and it comes with 2 pretty big prawns in it. We finished every bit of it!

Cappuccino


B had the cappuccino which costs $5.50. The size of the cappuccino is the same as my flat white.

Flat White


The flat white costs $5.50 as well. It is much thicker as compare to the normal ones I get from most restaurant. However I would think that the aroma and the taste of the coffee is not strong enough. It is a much bigger cup as compare to those really nice ones I've drank in Rome and Sydney which cost about the same price after the conversion. 


For all that we had, I would say that the price is pretty decent and affordable. I was rather full after this meal and I would go back again for the Kouign Aman for sure!

Address: 252 North Bridge Road, #B1-11,12 Raffles City Shopping Centre
Website: www.tiongbahrubakery.com

Food: 4/5 Burps
Service: 4/5 Burps
Price: 4/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment