Saturday 2 November 2013

Dong Po Colonial Cafe

I was thrilled when I heard about this place. I'm love local style breakfast and one which has a nostalgic feel definitely scores more in my book. I love the layout, the way the whole cafe just looks like an old house with shelves of glass bottled soft drinks, old posters pasted on the walls and the black and white photos hanged on the wall.

They have some wide varieties of cakes to choose from. And of course not forgetting the common kopi, eggs and bread set.















I couldn't help but ordered another 4 cakes on top of the SET A and F. The cakes are of small portion so you can order a few more to try! I've ordered the Almond Finger, Long Cup, Butterfly Cupcake and Butter Cake. I love all of them! 

The butter cake is moist and the butter taste is strong enough. The long cake is somewhat like the less moist version of the butter cake and the taste of butter is not as strong. The butterfly cupcake seems to have similar texture as the long cup but with the cream, it taste totally different. The almond finger was alright but the taste isn't as rich and strong.







The Bostock is really good. It's a MUST order!






Address: 56 Kandahar Street

Food: 4.5/5 Burps
Service: 4.5/5 Burps
Price: 4.5/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment