Sunday 19 May 2013

Union Farm Eating House

So I was craving badly for some 纸包鸡 and of course the first place that comes to my mind is this place! It gives me this very strong Kampong feeling even though I have never been to a Kampong before. The old feeling gives me a very comfortable and peaceful feeling. It feels as though you are out of the buzzing city.








So we decided to order the set dinner which I kind of regretted. I should have just order more chicken wrapped in paper with the oyster sauce bee hoon.



Chicken Wrapped in Paper



It is still very well marinated but ordering the set will only comes in 6 which is just not enough especially when you have to share that. So I would greatly suggest not to order the set.


Oyster sauce Bee Hoon and Egg Noodles



I would prefer the bee hoon to the noodles. The noodles is a little dry and I am very sure they are pre cooked just like the bee hoon. When served, they are not warm enough. Though look really plain, this is just something really simple.


Chinese Mushroom Soup



There are quite a few slices of chinese mushroom in the soup. It also comes with one chicken feet. The soup is strong in taste and it's good. I pretty much like it.

Prawns with sauce


Ok I have to say that this is really nothing much and my mother can cook better than this. The prawns used are not fresh either. It can be easily tell by the texture of the meat and if the shell sticks to the meat of the prawn. So it is a thumbs down for this dish.


Fried Beancurd


The beancurd is well fried and taste good with the sauce on top. Though it is not something that is really special but it is good within simplicity. However I would rather eat more chicken than this.


Fried Cuttlefish Balls


Overall, the price to pay for such normal food is a little too steep. These are just some usual homecook food other than the chicken wrapped in paper.


Address: 435A Clementi Road (right next to SIM)

Food: 4/5 Burps (for the chicken, the rest are just pretty normal)
Service: 3/5 Burps
Price: 2.5/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment