Saturday 26 January 2013

Shabu No Koya

We decided to purchase this offer from groupon for a shabu shabu meal so as to coincide with my "No Carbo Diet" for these 3 weeks. The deal was cheap and the restaurant was at liang court and thus we decided to go ahead. This is the first time that we are buying a dinning deal from groupon.












Egg Beancurd


I can't remember the exact price for this dish. But it should be around $6-$8 for these 3 TINY pieces of beancurd which taste just very normal. This dish is not inclusive in the groupon deal and it is a total waste of money to order this.

They have different soup base to choose from. Probably 3-4 varieties, not exactly alot. We chose this fish soup which taste just like their original soup. I have not tried their original soup before but when I asked the assistant how the original soup tasted liked, she told me it is just plain water with some seaweed added.

Soup


 This taste exactly like plain water with seaweed. There isn't a titch of fish.

So this is what you get for the set. There is also a selection of either udon or rice. But we did not take either due to the strict diet that I am undergoing now to lose weight for CNY.




Pork Shabu Shabu




All I can say is that this is a total disappointment and I will definitely not go back again. The pork is not really tasty either although they do slice it on the spot for you. The soup was still pretty much tasteless after cooking everything. This is also the reason why I did not take a picture of the receipt as I think that there is no need to know the price since I am totally not recommending it.

But well, I can remember that the bill comes up to about $50 in total which includes all you see from above and also 2 cups of ice green tea.

Food: 1/5 Burps
Service: 3/5 Burps
Price: 3/5 Burps



No comments:

Post a Comment